The first Ramelton Presbyterian Church, built 1907 and opened in 1908. The architecture of the church is a simple treatment of the late Tudor style and the walls were mainly constructed of a local stone with dressings of Dumfries red sandstone. All the bricks used were specially brought from Messrs. Laverty’s works at Carrickfergus. A special feature has been made of the bell tower which is 20-ft. square with embattled parapets and gargoyles, above which rises an octagonal stone spire surmounted by a copper-guilt vane at a height of 120 ft.The main entrance, placed in the centre of the west gable, gives access to a spacious vestibule, flanked by the circular staircase. The central Rose Window was the gift of the architects.
The Opening Services of the new First Ramelton Presbyterian Church took place on Sabbath 12th January 1908. The preacher at the Morning Service was Rev. John Stewart BA from Rathgar, Dublin.