The Photo Album of the Irish U.S. Edition is supported by the Government of Ireland Emigrant Support Programme of the Global Irish Fund, Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade.
With thanks to the contributing families: Michelle Beyers & Gretchen Yohe Gutshall; Sioban Bowyer & Conor FItzGerald; Erskine C. Childers; Shirley Clerkin; Seán Conlon; Mike Dwyer; Joe Flynn; Ann Geraghty; Gerry & Rich Gilligan; Mark Griffin; Kim Haughton; Andrew & Stuart Hetherington; Aine & Brian Kennedy; Tim Kovar; David Kronn; Alice McDermott; Beth McNally; Brian Murphy; Chris Murray; Rory O’Flaherty & Elizabeth Hyun Maertens; Cormac O’Malley; Abigail Parker; Ciara Patten; Patsy Ryan.
Essays and texts: Special thanks to: Daniel Mulhall, Ambassador of Ireland to the United States of America, and Seán O’Hagan, photography critic for The Guardian and feature writer at The Observer for their considered texts.
Funders: Thanks to the Emigrant Support Programme of the Global Irish Fund, The Department of Foreign Affairs & Trade and the Government of Ireland with particular thanks to Anna McGillicuddy, Anne Norton and Yvonne Ellison at the Department of Foreign Affairs & Trade for their generous assistance.
Partners and supporting organisations: Thanks to the individuals and organisations who helped organise the project in the US:
- Ambassador Dan Mulhall, Lillian Farrell and team at The Embassy of Ireland in Washington D.C.; Eimear Friel and Sean OhAodha and the staff at the Consulate of Ireland New York.
- Aidan Connolly, Christine Cullen, Pauline Turley and the team at The Irish Arts Center, New York City.
- Maudy Dooher, the Board of Directors and the team at The Irish Cultural Center of New England, Canton, Massachusetts.
- The Consulate-General of Ireland, Boston, in particular the Irish Consul General Fionnuala Quinlan.
- Cormac O’Malley and the Stonington Irish Presence Committee, Stonington, Connecticut.
- Chris Murray and Carlotta Hester and Govinda Gallery, Washington D.C.
- Miriam Nyhan, Marion Casey at Glucksman Ireland House and Timothy Johnson, Tamiment Library, New York University for their invaluable support.
Thanks also to Ruza Leko and team at Studio Suss; iCulture web design; Peter FitzGerald; Lynda Shepherd; and the many individuals who have worked on the Photo Album of the Irish over the years, especially Niamh Crowley; Ailish George; Brendan Maher; Deirdre McGing and Maeve O’Neill.
Begun in 2014 the project has received support from by the Arts Council of Ireland Touring Award, the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade Reconciliation Fund, the Department of Culture, Heritage and the Gaeltacht, Monaghan County Heritage and Arts Offices and Dublin City Council.
Monaghan County Council Heritage & Art Offices, Donegal County Museum - Letterkenny, Nerve Centre - Derry~Londonderry. With thanks to our Touring partners - in particular: Shirley Clerkin and Somhairle Mac Conghail Monaghan Council Heritage & Arts Office; Caroline Carr and Judith McCarthy at Donegal County Museum; Mairead Ní Ghallachoir at Áras Éanna, Inis Oírr, Altnaveigh LOL. Project team: Trish Lambe, Tanya Kiang, Darren Campion, Darragh Shanahan, Daniel Scully. A special thanks to our photographic researchers/curatorial team who gave so much of their time and commitment to the project Brendan Maher, Niamh Crowley, Deirdre McGing, Maeve O'Neill, Emma Maguire Intern Research team: Marlena Morris, Ailish George, Karena Hutton. Editor/writer: Darren Campion. Thanks also to our contributing writers: Dr Justin Carville, Orla Fitzpatrick, Stephanie McBride, Dr Mick Beyers. Advisory committee: Shirley Clerkin, Orla FItzpatrick, Dr Justin Carville, Dr Mick Beyers Web design: iCulture, Digital production: Daniel Scully, Installation: Peter Smyth, Communcations: Darragh Shanahan
Trish Lambe, Curator, Gallery of Photography
T. +353 1 6714654 • E. firstname.lastname@example.org